Candidate for City Council
Overland Park, KS Ward 1
Educator for 30 Years
OP Precinct Committee leader
Committed Voice For Overland Park
I am a strong and committed candidate running for city council in Ward 1 in Overland Park, Kansas and a member of Colonial Presbyterian Church.
I stand firmly for truth, honesty, justice, freedom, moral order and low taxes, which are the foundation for any great city.
Ethical and moral values are the foundation of our great country! These values are being challenged daily at the national, state and local levels.
I am running for city council member for Ward 1 because I believe strongly in these values and because I believe most residents in Overland Park also believe in these values. The future of our children and grandchildren is at stake!
We must not stand idly by but stand strong for the great ideals this country was founded upon over 200 years ago.
"Empowering Overland Park: A Vision for a Stronger Community!
Join Me On The Journey To Make Overland Park A City Of Excellence!"
VOTE Carol Merritt! on November 7!
NOV 7, 2023
A Strong and Committed Voice for Overland Park, Ward 1
My Vision: EMPOWERING OVERLAND PARK FOR A THRIVING and SUSTAINABLE FUTURE"
I envision a vibrant and inclusive Overland Park where every resident has a voice, and their needs and aspirations are met. My campaign aims to build a community that thrives on innovation, sustainability ensuring a high quality life for ALL!
1) I will lead and encourage the council to value integrity and accountability. I will require the council to actively engage with residents, seeking their input on key decisions and making information available to all.
2) Listen and take note of the distressed and worried voices of Johnson County residents.
3) Respond to the will of the people about their high property taxation.
4) Use more local and minority contactors.
5) Scrutinize and question giving BIG BUSINESS 30 year tax deferments
6) Examine and be aware of the needs of the 30,000 elderly on limited incomes to have fair and reduced property taxes.
7) Create a community that is rich and vibrant where everyone can thrive.
TOGETHER,LET US CREATE A FUTURE FOR OVERLAND PARK THAT UPLIFTS EVERY RESIDENT AND LEAVES A LASTING LEGACY FOR FUTURE GENRATIONS. I WILL SEEK TO MAKE OVERLAND PARK A SHINING EXAMPLE OF PROGRESS AND INNOVATION.
Greatest Acheivements: In Education and Revitalization of Squier Park, a community of older homes in the midtown area.
Carol R. Merritt, Real Estate Agent at Platinum Realty, has been recognized by Marquis Who's Who Top Executives for dedication, achievements, and leadership in real estate.
Carol Merritt has twice been featured on the front page of the Kansas City Star newspaper.
The articles highlighted her as a successful community leader who met with residents, police, city council representatives and even the mayor to help midtown clients solve problems in their community.